It took a Game 5, but the Yankees took down the Guardians. Now comes the real test. It’s a rematch with the hated Astros. Can the Yankees finally get their revenge? Also, are the Phillies too hot to lose to the Padres? And why are so many people so mad about the playoff format just because some good teams lost? Plus, which Mets free agents stay? Who goes?
There’s all that and more to get into on the newest episode of “The Show” podcast with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman.
“The Show” with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman:
- YANKEES MOVE ON TO ALCS: Subdued celebration by Yankees. Nestor Cortes was fantastic in Game 5.
- YANKEES-ASTROS ALCS PREVIEW: Yankees will play eight games in nine days. Astros have the leg up on rest and lining up starting pitching how they want. This has a good chance to go seven games. Astros have more firepower than the Guardians. Not having DJ LeMahieu and Andrew Benintendi really hurts the Yankees lineup.
- METS POSTMORTEM: They have seven good free agents. Jon has Jacob deGrom last on his list to bring backs because of his high price tag. If they brought everyone back, their payroll would go well over $300 million. Edwin Diaz is the most obvious player to bring back.
- PLAYOFF FORMAT: Dumbest controversy I have ever heard, says Jon. It’s always been five games. Just because great teams lost doesn’t mean the format is wrong.
- NLCS: Phillies take Game 1. Phillies are the hotter team. Padres offense not performing as well.
Today Breeze.in is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.