A Perth, Australia woman has been told she could lose a thumb after contracting a terrifying bacterial infection from a manicure.
Sue, 48, has lived with a searing pain in her thumb for the last two years after contracting a staph infection while getting a manicure at a Perth beauty salon.
She claims the technician mistook her bare nails for acrylics and started grinding them down with a tool before soaking them in acetone.
“I did tell them they were my actual nails, but they kept grinding them still,” she told Nine News.
The 48-year-old later spent five days in the hospital after discovering that a chunk of her thumb bone would need to be removed.
She says she continues to live with a persistent throbbing and searing pain in her thumb.
“It really throbs and you can’t get away from it,” she told Nine News.
Now she’s decided to take legal action against the nail salon for failing to meet “hygiene standards”.
“You wouldn’t go into a dirty dentist, so why would you go into a dirty nail bar?” she said.
Today Breeze.in is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.