A jury has found that Tory Lanez is guilty on all charges for shooting Megan Thee Stallion in July 2020.
Lanez was found guilty of one felony count each of assault with a semi-automatic firearm (personal use of a firearm) and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. He was also convicted of an additional felony count of discharging a firearm with gross negligence.
The trial, which took place in Los Angeles, was filled with emotional and, at times, controversial testimonies.
Megan, 27, took the stand on Dec. 14 in a purple power suit and claimed in front of Lanez, 30, and the entire courtroom that the “Say It” singer allegedly fired several shots at her while shouting “dance, bitch!” after an argument ensued in their vehicle on their way home from a party.
The “WAP” rapper alleged the disagreement began over their occasional sexual relationship, but then turned into a fight about their respective music careers.
“I’m in shock. I’m scared,” Megan recalled during her testimony. “I hear the gun going off and I can’t believe he’s shooting at me.”
The “Savage” rapper also claimed that Lanez offered her and her former best friend Kelsey Harris, who was present inside the car during the incident, $1 million each to stay silent and not tell police what occurred.
Harris also testified in the trial but issued statements that conflicted with an interview she gave prosecutors in September.
Megan’s ex-BFF previously claimed that Lanez threatened to shoot her inside the Cadillac Escalade, before he allegedly opened fire on Megan, according to Rolling Stone.
However, she testified that the interview was “not accurate” and that she was “not truthful” to “protect” herself.
Harris also denied remembering seeing Lanez even hold a gun, despite her previous account of the events.
She admitted, though, to sending Megan’s bodyguard a text that read, “Help / Tory shot meg / 911,” but said it was sent based on “assumptions,” per Rolling Stone.
Megan’s bodyguard, another key witness in the trial, was set to testify as well when he mysteriously went “missing” before testifying.
However, a source later clarified to Media Takeout that Justin Edison, a former member of Megan’s security squad, was”currently in Qatar” on assignment as one of his clients was “at the World Cup.” He reportedly was not set to return in time for the trial.
Meanwhile, Lanez declined to take the stand himself per recommendations from his legal counsel.
The Canadian musician — whose real name is Daystar Peterson — previously pleaded not guilty to one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.
Lanez has maintained that he is innocent, even alluding to this in his album, “Daystar.”
During the trial, the “LUV” singer’s lawyer, George Mgdesyan, argued that his client’s DNA was not found on the gun prosecutors said was used in the alleged attack.
Reps for both Megan and Lanez did not immediately return Page Six’s request for comment on the jury’s decision.
Today Breeze.in is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.